Please save the date: January 16th!
10:00 am – 2:00 pm (drop in whenever you can) Activities for all ages:
- Bake cookies and make sandwiches for the Samaritan Center
- Learn how to make Communion Bread for St. Matthew’s
- Learn how to knit prayer shawls or scarves for the Samaritan Center
- Watch a movie dealing with racism and justice
- Read books written by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Listen to the famous “I Have a Dream” speech/sermon
- Hear children’s books about Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Join in prayer for peace, dignity, justice, and reconciliation
- … and perhaps even more activities!
All are invited, and encouraged to bring friends! Bring a few bucks and we might order out for pizza!
On July 23rd, St. Matthew’s youth and adults will be volunteering for the “Run Your Faith” 12K run / 2 mile walk here in Syracuse, to benefit the Emmaus Ministry at St. James Catholic Church on Salina Street.
How St. Matthew’s can help:
1) Bring donations to church NEXT Sunday, 7/17/16. Types of items needed include white cotton athletic socks, sneakers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, other toiletries. We will deliver them to the event on 7/23/16.
2) Volunteer on 7/23/16 – Join other parishioners to hand out water and help with other race “jobs”. Time: Registration starts at 7am. Race Starts at 8am. The Race begins in Columbus Circle and will go past the Rescue Mission, the Catholic Charities Men’s shelter, loop out to St. James Church, and finish back at Columbus Circle. Please contact Debbie Miller or call me at 409-8137. So far we have 3 adults and 3 teens going!
For more information on the 12K Run / 2 mile walk, visit http://emmausministry.org/to-the-streets-walk-run/.