After some “technical difficulties”, we are now able to get Courtenay’s sermon from January 25th, up and live for you all to see!
Mother Carrie’s sermon from today focused on today’s Psalm. Both are included below.
Psalm 139: 1-5, 12-17 from BCP
- LORD, you have searched me out and known me; *
you know my sitting down and my rising up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
- You trace my journeys and my resting-places *
and are acquainted with all my ways.
- Indeed, there is not a word on my lips, *
but you, O LORD, know it altogether.
- You press upon me behind and before *
and lay your hand upon me.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; *
it is so high that I cannot attain to it.
- For you yourself created my inmost parts; *
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- I will thank you because I am marvelously made; *
your works are wonderful, and I know it well.
- My body was not hidden from you, *
while I was being made in secret
and woven in the depths of the earth.
- Your eyes beheld my limbs, yet unfinished in the womb;
all of them were written in your book; *
they were fashioned day by day,
when as yet there was none of them.
- How deep I find your thoughts, O God! *
how great is the sum of them!
- If I were to count them, they would be more in number than the sand; *
to count them all, my life span would need to be like yours.