Mother Carrie’s sermon from today focused on today’s Psalm. Both are included below.
Psalm 139: 1-5, 12-17 from BCP
- LORD, you have searched me out and known me; *
you know my sitting down and my rising up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
- You trace my journeys and my resting-places *
and are acquainted with all my ways.
- Indeed, there is not a word on my lips, *
but you, O LORD, know it altogether.
- You press upon me behind and before *
and lay your hand upon me.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; *
it is so high that I cannot attain to it.
- For you yourself created my inmost parts; *
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- I will thank you because I am marvelously made; *
your works are wonderful, and I know it well.
- My body was not hidden from you, *
while I was being made in secret
and woven in the depths of the earth.
- Your eyes beheld my limbs, yet unfinished in the womb;
all of them were written in your book; *
they were fashioned day by day,
when as yet there was none of them.
- How deep I find your thoughts, O God! *
how great is the sum of them!
- If I were to count them, they would be more in number than the sand; *
to count them all, my life span would need to be like yours.