It’s summer. People are on vacation, and church attendance is low.
That’s okay. We are Episcopalians and we expect and understand that completely.
However, the downfall to that is that our food bank donations are low as well. So we need your help!
Our shopping cart, for those in need, is in need itself. In need of a boost of some of the items on the list below.
We can also use monetary donations to buy things in emergencies for folks in need.
You can leave donations in the plate on Sunday (mark “Shopping Cart”) or we have set up an account on EasyTithe.com where you can donate online (choose “Shopping Cart Fund”) towards helping those who are in need of food and supplies.
If you wish to purchase items, please consider some of the following that are on the “greatest need” list.
– Shelf-stable milk.
– Butter and cheese (which we can freeze and give out when needed).
– Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
– Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
– Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
– Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
– 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
– Unsaturated cooking oils
– And other nutritious, “healthy-choice” foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium and sugar)
Please bring these items in on Sunday, or drop them off at church during the week.
Thank you for your generosity!