Mother Carrie is hosting a Day of Service and Learning for children and adults, who may be free that day and wish to give back to others in the community.
There will be activities for all ages, including:
– Cooking – bake cookies and make sandwiches for the Samaritan Center
– Bread-making – Learn how to make Communion Bread for St. Matthew’s – Knitting – Learn how to knit prayer shawls or scarves for the Samaritan Center
– Movie – We’ll have a screening of a movie dealing with racism and justice
– Reading – We’ll have books written by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. available to read
– Listen – We’ll play the famous “I Have a Dream” speech/sermon
– Story time – we’ll read children’s books about Martin Luther King, Jr.
– Prayer – we’ll gather in prayer for peace, dignity, justice, and reconciliation
… and perhaps even more activites!
Sign up sheets for participants and for donating supplies are posted near the kitchen. If you don’t get a chance to sign up, please call the church office at 457-4633.
If you plan to attend and you wish to donate supplies for baking and sandwich making, please see the following list of items that are in need:
– Boxes of Cake (Any flavor – about 12 needed)
– Carton of Eggs (about 2 needed)
– Vegetable oil (1 needed)
– Parchment paper (2 boxes needed)
– Zip lock bags (sandwich size, 7 boxes needed)
– Loaves of Bread (10 needed)
– Bologna (3 packages)
– Sliced cheese (4 packs needed)
– Lunch meat (3 packs)
– Peanut Butter (3 jars)
– Jelly (2 jars)
If you wish to donate money in addition to, or instead of the items listed above, the cost of hosting the Samaritan Center dinner is approximately $300 to feed about 250 people, so anything you wish to donate is greatly appreciated!
You can give your donation to Mother Carrie, or place it in the small church on the pedestal next to the entrance of the church.