This year, St. Matthew’s celebrates 75 years of ministry and we’d love for you to join in on the celebration!
In August 1940, a small group of Episcopalians met at the home of Mr. and Mrs. James C. King, forming the nucleus of the present congregation. A congregation of about 30 families held their first church service in the Civic Center. Since this was held on St. Matthew’s Day, they voted to so name the parish. A year later, in 1941, the Diocese of Central New York granted this group the status of Mission, officially recognizing this group as a congregation.
In 2015-2016, we will be celebrating our 75th anniversary year as a parish, kicking off with St. Matthew’s Sunday on September 20th this year. Please join us in prayers of gratitude for the many ways the Spirit has worked in and through this community of faith, in thanksgiving for those who have gone before us who prepared the way, and prayers for guidance and grace as we continue Christ’s work in the world.