March 29th – Sunday of the Passion: Palm Sunday
- 8:00am – Liturgy of the Palms, Dramatic Gospel & Holy Eucharist
- 10:15am – Liturgy of the Palms, Dramatic Gospel & Holy Eucharist
April 1st – Wednesday in Holy Week
- 12:00 Noon – Holy Eucharist
April 2nd – Maundy Thursday
- 7:30pm – Holy Eucharist, Washing of Feet & Stripping of the Altar
- 9:00pm – Vigil of The Cross – until 11:00am on Friday April 3rd (sign up for shifts)
April 3rd – Good Friday
- 12:00 Noon – Ecumenical Service at Liverpool First Presbyterian Church (603 Tulip St.)
- 7:30pm – Tenebrae Serie at St. Matthew’s
April 4th- Holy Saturday
- 7:00pm – Easter Vigil service at St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral (310 Montgomery St, Syracuse)
April 5th – Easter Day
- 7:00am – Festal Holy Eucharist
- 9:00am- Festal Holy Eucharist
- 11:00am – Festal Holy Eucharist
The celebration of the Resurrection of our Lord on Easter Day is greatly enhanced by participating in the services of Holy Week.
Whether you reach the end of Sunday relaxed and recharged, or in need of some energy, join us for an evening of fun and creativity. Arrive with nothing but yourself and an open-mind, and we’ll provide paint, canvas, and paintings that are designed specifically for a diverse group of beginners and seasoned artists to complete in 2 hours while you sip, snack, and socialize!
Sunday, March 22nd
5:30 — 7:30 pm
$30. Per person. Ages 12 and up.
Healthy snacks, coffee and tea will be provided. If you’d like to sip or snack on something else, please feel bring it!
Wear clothes that won’t mind a little paint.
Show up at 5:30, help yourself to snacks and beverages, Mother Carrie will introduce the Creative Spirit series and the class with a short theological piece about creativity. Sandi will explain how the evening will work. Participants then choose a painting to work on from about a dozen options ranging in difficulty and complexity and find a seat near the person/people who are also working on the same painting. The art instructors, Ari Lynch and Sandi Sabene will come around to give participants a blank canvas, get them started on the process (varies from picture to picture, but usually beings with a pencil sketch or trace), and mix paints for each participant. A full 2 hours will be dedicated to paining with individual help as needed.
Registration and payment due one week before each class.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church + 904 Vine Street + Liverpool NY 13088 + 315. 457. 4633
This program is made possible in part by a Compass Institute Grant of the Diocese of Central New York.