Outreach ministry is an important part of our mission at St. Matthew’s. We understand our call to reach out beyond the walls of our church and serve God’s people in need through out the larger community and the world. Many of our parishioners participate in our outreach projects, which include:
- The Open Table FREE Community Meal
- InterFaith Works refugee program
- Emergency food bag program
- Preparing and serving meals at the Samaritan Center feeding program
- Our annual “Angel Tree Project”, through which parishioners provide Christmas gifts to children of prison inmates.
- Walking in the CROP Walk
- Serving meals at the House at 807 Senior Residence
- Supporting the Vera House campaign against domestic violence
- Collecting food for our local food pantry
- Giving away baskets of food at Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Many others…
Many of our outreach programs are funded by The Giving Boutique, a table set up on some Sundays and during certain events through the year, that is filled with homemade craft and other items. These items, donated by parishioners, are sold with full profit going to our outreach ministry. If you’re interested in donating items to The Giving Boutique, please contact Laurel Iavarone or Clinnie Poole.